The Grand Canyon region in northern Arizona and southern Utah has been identified by science as necessary for Mexican wolf recovery. Science also shows that wolves are important for restoring the ecological health of our wildlands.
But current reintroduction rules do not allow Mexican gray wolves to live north of I-40.
Please call U.S. Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and tell him that you support efforts to restore and protect wolves in the Grand Canyon region today. You can personalize and use some of the talking points below in your message.
Dear Senator Flake,
- As a resident of Arizona, I want wolves fully restored in my state, including in the Grand Canyon region north of I-40.
- I am with the 81% of Arizona voters who support the return of the Mexican wolf to the Grand Canyon region.
- Please use your role to ensure the best available science (not special interests) is used in Mexican wolf recovery planning.
- The rules that keep Mexican gray wolves from living north of I-40 contradict the best available science on recovery and cheat us of the ecological benefits of restoring wolves in this important region.
- Wolves have been missing from most of Arizona for too long. Please do everything necessary to restore them to the essential natural role throughout the Southwest.
You can call him with this message:
Phoenix Office: (602) 840-1891
Tucson Office: (520) 575-8633
Washington, D.C. Office: (202) 224-4521
Thank you for speaking out for wolves today!